3rd UNCG-NAEA Student Chapter Meeting Agenda
April 30, 2009
- Art Can Event- Our group participated on April 23, 2009. We won 2nd place overall and altogether the event raised about 1,300 cans. Ashley Perry has kindly put information and a video about this event on our blog.
- NCAEA ’09 Conference- Scheduled for October 22-25, 2009 in Winston-Salem. Maria has proposed two presentations for our officers to give at the conference. All members must join NCAEA and our chapter to participate.
- NAEA ’09 Minneapolis- Maria kindly showed us a photo presentation of her trip to this Conference.
Student Chapter Business Agenda:
- Fundraising Event Ideas: Many ideas were raised including making and having people pay to decorate coffee cups, face painting at Kid’s Fest and other similar venues, handmade T-shirts to sell, painting seeded pots, etc. We are planning to host fundraisers relatively every month.
- General Meeting Dates: We plan to schedule meetings once a month with updates on our blog and emails regularly unless we need to meet more than this for events. We will decide on times and dates for next year at the beginning of the fall semester ’09.
- Membership Fee: $5?
Additional Comments Raised:
- We need more advertising through email, flyers, and setting up tables in the EUC or atrium, etc.
- Jamie Cope suggested that we involve ourselves in some way with Greenhill, a downtown art building for children.
- In regards to the Tate Street Art Booth that we are planning to participate in, the suggestion to have people pay to paint a set amount of time on a large canvas. Then we would ask for their email address to send them a picture of the final project. More details to come.
- Maria is planning to have a separate orientation of for incoming freshman Art Education majors. She is working to require them to join our Student NAEA Chapter. The suggestion to get a booth at SOAR was raised.
- Jaimie Cope
- Chuck Siler
- Becka Ledford
- Jake Patton
- Ashley Perry
- Ali Kapps
- Shyla Sutton
- Lindsay Metz